Infused Cream of Broccoli & Cheese Soup
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 4 tablespoons cannabutter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Melt cannabutter over medium heat in an 8-quart stock pot. Add the celery, onion, thyme, salt, and pepper. Sauté until onion is tender – about 5 minutes.
- Add the stock cubes, broccoli, and 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water. This is a LOT of cornstarch but you have to end up with the consistency of a pudding so you must use a lot. Stir in the cornstarch and when bubbles begin to rise to the surface, slowly add the heavy cream, blending well. Stirring constantly, add the shredded cheese, and stir until melted. If the consistency is too thick for your taste, you can thin it to the desired consistency using the milk. Use just enough milk to get it to the consistency you prefer.
- Serve immediately (as thickened products that use a cornstarch base will break down quickly).