No Bake Infused Chewy Truffle Cookies
- 1 cup dried pitted dates, 4 ounces, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of cannahoney
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat or no-stir natural chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 full sheets whole wheat graham crackers, finely ground, about 1 1/4 cups
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats, not instant
- Cooking spray
- For coating: unsweetened coconut flakes, crushed graham crackers, finely chopped peanuts, low-fat granola, about 1/2 cup of each
- Combine the dates, water, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat breaking up any large pieces of dates with a spoon, until the mixture resembles a thick paste, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the Cannahoney, peanut butter, cocoa powder, butter, and salt until evenly combined. Stir in the graham crackers and oats. Remove from heat.
- Lightly mist a baking sheet with cooking spray. Drop level tablespoons of the cookie mixture onto the prepared pan. Refrigerate until just chilled and set, about 20 minutes.
- Put desired optional toppings in small bowls. Roll each cookie in the desired topping. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Serve chilled.