INDICA FAST FACTS
- Origin: Cannabis indica is native to India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Turkey. The plants have adapted to the often harsh climate of the Hindu Kush mountains.
- Description: Indica plants are short and stocky with bushy greenery and chunky leaves that grow wide and broad. They grow faster than sativa, and each plant produces more buds.
- Typical CBD to THC ratio: Indica strains often have higher levels of CBD and less THC.
- Common Effects: Indica is known for it’s intensely relaxing effects. It may also reduce nausea and pain and increase appetite.
- Best Time to Use: Because of its deep relaxation effects, indica is better consumed at night.
- Body High
- Night-time use
- Short bushy plants
- Broad dark green leaves
It was once believed that Cannabis sativa and Cannabis indica had distinct effects with Sativa producing more energetic effects, and Indica more calming effects. Now that growers have cultivated hybrid strains for so many years there’s virtually no such thing as a “pure” indica or sativa anymore. Every flower is now a hybrid of some sort. Classifying a strain as indica or sativa usually means that it tilts to one side or the other of an indica/sativa spectrum.
Indica plants tend to grow short with thick stems and broad, deep-green leaves. They also have short flowering cycles, and can grow in cold, short-season climates.