“Baked” Butterscotch Brownies
- 1 cup of Cannabutter (see 41 cannabis blog)
- 2 cups of light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of slat
- 1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Coffee Frosting (Optional)
- 2 teaspoons of instant coffee (kick it up a notch using Steeprock Cannabis-Infused Coffee Pods)
- 2 tablespoons of water
- ½ cup of softened butter
- 3 cups of sifted confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 11x7x2 inch pan
- Melt 1 cup of butter in a large saucepan. Add 2 cups of light brown sugar and beat until mixed.
- Cool mixture slightly, then beat eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder and stir into wet ingredients then add walnuts or pecans, mix well.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 min or until lightly golden, cool in pan for 10 min then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Optional Frosting Directions
- Dissolve coffee in water
- Cream ½ cup butter with confectioner’s sugar and beat until light
- Blend coffee into sugar, mix and spread frosting over brownies and let set
- Cut into squares and enjoy