Butternut Squash & Cider Soup
- 1 shallot diced (or ½ medium yellow onion)
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- ½ cup water
- 6 cups butternut squash peeled and cut into 1” squares
- 1½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup Yandi Fresh Green Apple Cider (the rest the cook get to drink)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp salt
- Optional garnishes: 1 red apple cored and diced; additional sour cream; black pepper
- Using a medium-sized Dutch oven, add shallot, garlic, and water. Place over medium heat and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until shallot and garlic have softened slightly.
- Add butternut squash and chicken broth. Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until squash is soft.
- Using an immersion blender, puree until smooth.
- Add cider, sour cream, and salt. Continue pureeing until well mixed.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with diced apples, additional sour cream, and black pepper before serving.