- Recipes: #MunchieMonday
by Kathy Rasmussens
Budtender Liz’s Chocolate Gingerbread Cake
What do need to start your adventure ???? !!!!
For the cake
- 6 ounces of cannabis infused butter, use our San Rafael Delahaze for a great session.
- 4.5 ounces of dark brown sugar
- 2 TBSP of sugar
- 7 ounces of maple syrup
- 7 ounces of molasses
- 1 Tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 Tsp of ground ginger
- 1 1/4 Tsp of baking soda
- 2 TBSP of warm water
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup of milk
- 10 ounces of flour
- 1.5 ounces of cocoa
- 6 ounces of chocolate chips
For the icing
- 9 ounces of icing sugar
- 1 ounce of butter
- 1 TBSP of cocoa
- 1/4 cup of Bakerstreet & ginger
How to make it !!! Let’s get baked !!!
- Pre heat oven to 335 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Tear off a large piece of parchment paper and line the bottom and sides of a roasting tin, 9 x 13 x 2 inches.
- In a decent sized saucepan melt the butter, sugars, maple syrup, molasses, cinnamon & ginger.
- In a cup dissolve baking soda in the water.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and beat in the eggs, milk and baking soda in water. Stir in flour, and cocoa and beat with a wooden spoon to mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pour the batter into the lined tin and bake for 45 minutes until risen and firm. The bottom should be a little damp, and that is what you want. Remove to a wire rack and let cool in the tin.
For the icing, nom nom nom.
- Sieve the icing sugar.
- In a heavy based saucepan heat the butter, cocoa, and the Bakerstreet & ginger.
- Once the butter is melted whisk in the icing sugar.
Once the cake is completely cooled lift the ginger bread out of the tin and unwrap the paper.
- Pour the icing over the ginger bread just to cover the top.
- Slice into large delicious slabs, once the icing is set.
You can’t just eat one piece it is way to good, enjoy !!!