Cinnamon Baked Doughnuts
- Baking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 extra-large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of infused sugar (see 41cBlog for recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 doughnut pans well. Or if you don’t have one just use a muffin tray and make cinnamon sugar donut muffins.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the baking pans, filling each one a little more than three-quarters full. Bake for 17 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then tap the doughnuts out onto a sheet pan.
- For the topping, melt the 8 tablespoons of butter in an 8-inch sauté pan. Combine the infused sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Dip each doughnut first in the butter and then in the cinnamon sugar, either on one side or both sides
Pair this dessert with one of our Province Brand Yandi Fresh Infused Raspberry Apple or Yandi Fresh Infused Cranberry Apple Ciders.