Infused BBQ Spareribs
- 5 lbs pork spareribs
- ½ tbsp kosher salt (or less)
- Dry Rub Blend or use a dry rub of your preference
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (depending on how much of a kick you like)
- ½ tsp cayenne (depending on how much heat you like)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dry herb (either thyme, oregano, or parsley)
- Infused BBQ sauce (see 41cBlog July 5th 2021 for recipe)
Dry Rub Blend
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside
- Wash the slab of ribs with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Remove the membrane on the back side by placing a paring knife underneath the membrane and gently pull it back from one end of the slab to the other end and discard. If it’s slippery, you can use a paper towel, so you’ll have a better grip when pulling the membrane back. Remove any excess fat by cutting it off with a sharp knife and discard.
- Place the ribs in a roasting pan or baking sheet. Season the slab of ribs with kosher salt and a generous amount of dry rub. Gently massage the dry rub into the ribs then lightly press into the ribs with your hands. Place plastic wrap over the ribs and allow the ribs to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour up to 24 hours.
- After the ribs have marinated, place on the countertop and bring to room temperature. Meanwhile, fire up the grill using your process, and when the grill is ready, position the slab of pork ribs on the grill grates and close the lid. Grill on one side for 30 minutes then flip and grill the other side for 30 to 40 minutes.
- By this time, the ribs should have a beautiful brown crispy outer coating and no longer pink. Remove the ribs from the grill and place them in a clean roasting pan or baking sheet. Slather on infused BBQ sauce. Place the ribs in a 350-degree preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes to tenderize the ribs more.
Allow the ribs to cool a bit. Using a sharp knife, cut the slab into individual ribs by cutting alongside each rib bone, serve & enjoy.