Kick It Up Pineapple Serrano Hummus
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp serrano pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained, reserve liquid
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp canna infused olive oil (see blog post substituting any Pure SunFarms dried flower)
- sesame seeds, optional garnish
- paprika, optional garnish
- To KICK IT UP add 1 bottle of Heartbeat Hot Sauce X Bogart’s Kitchen Pineapple Habanero Hot Sauce – 10mg THC
- Combine pineapple, garlic, serrano pepper, 1/4 cup reserved liquid from chickpeas, chickpeas, salt, lemon juice, and tahini in a food processor.
NOTE: If using added Heartbeat Hot Sauce reduce reserved liquid by 2 tsp
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with infused olive oil, sesame seeds, and paprika, if desired.
- Serve with pita chips, crackers, crusty bread, etc.
Chef’s note: For a creamier hummus cover the canned chickpeas with water & ½ tsp baking soda, bring to a boil, and cook for approximately 5 minutes. Drain, rinse in hot water, and then add to the food processor.