by Kelly Rasmussens
Shatter is a solvent-based cannabis extract, golden-coloured, glass like substance that is highly concentrated. This article focuses on what shatter is, how to use it, and how it is made.
Why Use Shatter?
- Shatter can be consumed through the use of smoking, vaping, or dabbing
- It can also be added to dried flower in a joint
- Because shatter is a highly concentrated product, it is recommended to start with a small dose to avoid over-consumption, which means it also lasts longer!
How Is Shatter Made?
The golden-coloured, glass-like substance is made by processing the cannabis plant with a hydro carbon extraction process to extract the cannabinoids and terpene rich trichomes from the cannabis buds. The solvent is then evaporated on a low heat, removing excess oils, resulting in a translucent product to cool.
What To Consider Before Consumption
- Your body’s response to different cannabis products is different for everyone and depends on your weight, metabolism, and food consumption. If you choose to smoke cannabis products, try starting with one or two puffs to see your body’s reaction. Because shatter is a high concentrated product, you can often feel the effects instantly and can last up to 6 hours
- If you are new to cannabis, try choosing a product that has a lower percentage of THC and a higher percentage of CBD
Ask your bud-tender for recommendations and to see if shatter is a good option for you!