Bacon Wrapped Venison Bites
- 5 pounds venison
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic pressed or finely minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard any kind
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup infused barbecue sauce (see #41cblog for recipe)
- In a bowl large enough to hold the venison, whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and balsamic vinegar. Add the crushed garlic, mustard, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Rinse the venison backstrap and pat dry. Cut evenly into 1-inch sized pieces.
- Place the venison chunks into the prepared marinade. Toss with your hands to coat all the pieces. Cover and refrigerate for 1 – 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. If your oven runs “cool”, adjust it to 475.
- Drain the marinade from the venison completely. Pat with paper towels to remove excess marinade.
- Wrap each piece of venison with half a strip of thick-cut bacon. Wrap tightly, securing with a toothpick.
- Arrange the bacon-wrapped bites seam side down onto a broiler pan or wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes at 450. Remove from the oven and turn on the broiler.
- Stir together the barbecue sauce and water to a thin consistency. Using a brush, baste the bacon-wrapped venison. Broil and baste the bites, turning FREQUENTLY, until the bacon is browned.