Infused Bang Bang Shrimp
- ½ cup infused mayonnaise (see #41cBlog for Recipe)
- ¼ cup Thai-style sweet chili sauce
- 3 dashes Sriracha hot chili sauce, or to taste.
- ½ cup cornstarch, or as needed
- 1-pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- oil for frying
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped, or to taste.
- Whisk infused mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, and sriracha hot sauce together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place cornstarch in a shallow bowl. Gently press shrimps into cornstarch to coat; shake off any excess.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Working in batches, cook the shrimp until they are lightly browned on the outside and no longer transparent in the center, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp to paper towels to drain.
- Put cooked shrimp in a bowl and pour chili sauce mixture over the shrimp; toss gently to coat.
- Line a serving bowl with lettuce leaves. Pour shrimp into bowl and top with chopped green onion.