by Kelly Rasmussens
Rosin is relatively new to the cannabis industry. It is produced by just using heat and pressure and can be consumed in a variety of ways.
Why Use Rosin?
- Rosin is produced without the use of solvents
- It can be consumed through vaping, dabbing, or smoking
- When vaporized or dabbed, rosin offers a smoke-free option to inhaling dried flower
How Is Rosin Made?
Rosin looks very similar to shatter, but has a completely different manufacturing process. Rosin is processed without the introduction of butane or any other solvents. Simply, cannabis buds are placed between two different plates and are pressed together, producing an oil full of cannabinoids and terpenes in just a few minutes.
What To Consider Prior To Consumption
- There is no recommended dosage for Rosin, but like all cannabis products, the right dosage changes depending on many personal factors such as your weight and how much food you have consumed before using
- Start with a low amount and go slow
- To counter some of the effects of THC, choose a product that is lower in THC and higher in CBD
- If you are new to cannabis, dabbing is not recommended as it is a complicated process that can produce strong, immediate effects that may cause you to experience negative effects
Ask your bud-tender about Rosin and if it may be a good option for you!