Cheese Ball With Infused Cream Cheese
- 16 ounces Infused cream cheese (see 41c Blog for recipe), softened
- 2 cups freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese (avoid pre-shredded cheese)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- dash freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Add cheese, green onion, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, parsley, garlic powder, oregano, and pepper, mix well to combine.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl and gather the mixture into one lump. Lightly grease your hands and form the mixture into a round ball.
- Place the pecans on a plate. Hold the cheese ball in one hand and use the other hand to scoop the pecans onto the outside of the ball, pressing them in gently and turning the ball to coat all sides.
- Cover the cheeseball in cling wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour to allow it to firm up. Take it out of the refrigerator about 20 minutes before serving to allow it to soften just slightly. Serve with crackers, pretzels, vegetables, or anything else you’d love to dip in cheese!