Leftover Cranberry Sauce Muffins With Oat Streusel Topping
- 1 + ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 + ¼ cups Our Cannabis Infused Cranberry Sauce (see 41c Blog for recipe)
Oat Streusel Topping:
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and grated
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners and lightly coat with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add in milk, egg, and vanilla and stir to combine. Note that the mixture will be lumpy.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and give it a couple of stirs with a spatula. Do not fully combine. Then add in the cranberry sauce and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Divide batter evenly among the muffin liners. Fill each cup about ¾ full.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oat streusel topping ingredients until combined and crumbly. Sprinkle a spoonful on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in the muffin tray for 5 minutes before transferring muffins onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.