- 41 Cannabis Co.
by Brittany Thompson
Mary Jane Apple Pie
FOR THE PIE CRUST
- 2, 9-inch pie crusts
FOR THE APPLE PIE FILLING
- 1 cup + 1 teaspoon canna sugar divided
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/16 teaspoon ground clove
- 6 cups peeled cored, and sliced apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canna butter diced
FOR THE EGG WASH
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- If you are using a homemade pie crust, make this first. If you are using a store-bought crust, pull the crusts out of the refrigerator and allow the crust to come to room temperature for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a large baking sheet in foil and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together 1 cup of cannabis sugar with the corn starch, tapioca flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves until well incorporated. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the apples with lemon juice until well coated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the apple mixture and mix well until all the apple slices are evenly coated. Set aside.
- Place one pie crust in a 9-inch glass pie dish, center accordingly, and press the crust against the sides and bottom of the dish.
- Carefully add the reserved apple filling and spread evenly. Dot the top with the diced canna butter.
- Place the second crust atop the pie filling and center accordingly. Using your forefingers and thumbs, pinch the crust to seal and create a scalloped edge all the way around. Trim any excess crust if needed.
- Cut four slits into the top of the crust or make cut-outs before step 8 using a cute cannabis cookie cutter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water.
- Brush the pie crust with enough egg wash to coat the top and sprinkle with the reserved 1 teaspoon of cannabis sugar.
- Cover the edges of the pie with a strip of aluminum foil to avoid excessing browning.
- Place the pie on the reserved foil-lined baking sheet (to catch possible leaks) and place it in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 375°F and continue cooking for an additional 50-55 minutes.
- When the pie is golden brown and the filling is bubbling, remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Let cool approximately 30 minutes before serving.